[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

config issues on this list

Perhaps I was too harsh/brief whatever.

My reason for my previous post was that I'd like to see
this list REMAIN fairly "meta" and low traffic.  I have
seen to many lists become white noise (firewalls, others).

My opinion is that there are other lists/newsgroups for questions
about "How do I configure the CERN daemon?"  (see Cern's site
for these)...

I DO believe it's critical that issues like "I found out how
to read any file on the server" should be brought here.

I DO believe it's good to have the "We can break 40bit (padded)
shttp keys in 3 hours on 10 alpha's" here

I believe it's good to have the encryption discussions and related
issues here.

I don't think configuration questions should be brought here unless
the issue is a BUG that compromises security.

Normal config issues (even as they relate to security configs) are
a daemon specific issue and there are plenty of lists for that...

(Not to be too cranky, but I don't need more noise on important lists)

chuck yerkes
consultant guy